Please bookmark our page and visit often to stay current on all BCSCA events.Happenings:
Time to RSVP for our next meeting!
March 23rd- The University of Cincinnati
Thursday, March 23rd from 3:45pm - 6:45pm
299 Paramus Rd, Paramus, NJ 07652
In addition to their program, they will also be providing Professional Development on:
"Evidence-based Interventions to support students who have experienced trauma"
*This event is capped at 50 attendees. Please RSVP as soon as possible to get on the list.
Also, please observe our cancellation policy. If you cannot attend, please email us to remove your name from the list in order to open up a spot for another member AND avoid a no-show fee.*
Also, our K-8 meeting will be held on Friday, March 24th from 9 -11 at Westwood Regional Middle School.
All RSVP's will occur here on our website under the EVENTS tab in the upper right hand corner.
Once again, it is time to recognize and honor members and friends of our organization at our annual awards dinner in May. We would like to solicit nominations for these awards:
- High School Counselor of the Year- Awarded to a high school counselor who has had an exemplary impact on their students in the past year. This award can be colleague or student-nominated.
- K-8 Counselor of the Year-Awarded to an elementary or middle school counselor who has had an exemplary impact on their students in the past year. This award can be colleague or student-nominated.
- Friend of Guidance - Awarded to a person who has provided service or support to school counselors and/or to the mission of BCSCA.
ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Scholarships upwards of $1,500 are being offered to qualified students who plan to become school counselors or teachers. Students must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and submit a written statement on their need for financial assistance. Information should be specific regarding financial need. The candidate's counselor must be a current/paid member of BCSCA in order to qualify. Candidates must complete every item on the application. Attach additional sheets if needed. Check your email for more information.
TO SUBMIT YOUR NOMINATION, PLEASE FILL OUT THE GOOGLE FORM(S) BELOW or IN YOUR EMAIL:
DEADLINE- MARCH 24th
Retirees Google Form
Congratulations to our own President Elect, ALYCE CUSANO, the 2023 NJSCA Counselor of the County for Bergen County! Alyce has been a School Counselor for 18 years and has been making valuable contributions to the BCSCA . This is well-deserved recognition. Con
Save the Dates:
Wednesday, May 24, 2023- Berkeley College
General Membership Information:
Dues for the 2022-2023 School year are $45.
There are two ways to take advantage of the EARLY BIRD DUES:
1. Mail your check/PO (written out to BCSCA) to:
Marta Benito BCSCA Treasurer,
Saddle Brook High School, 355 Mayhill Street, Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
2. Pay using Credit Card on our website www.bergencounselors.org.
There is a small transaction fee.
Please take the time to log into our website and UPDATE YOUR PROFILE.
Under the MY Membership tab click Edit Profile. This helps with the efficiency of the website.